The directory of artists presents artists associated with the province of £ód¼. Our goal is to collect, write and archive the information about artists who create their work in £od¼ and the surrounding province. The directory has an open formula and we intend to continue to fill in the database with more artists. We are interested both in the artists who in the past contributed to the emergence of modern artistic culture such as W³adys³aw Strzemiński and Katarzyna Kobro who worked in the past century in £ód¼ and Koluszki and also the contemporary artists who develop and enrich this heritage.
The artists presented represent various generations. They focus on painting, graphics, sculpture, intermedia, video, installation and performance art as well as all other forms of visual art. The aim of the directory is also the promotion of artists associated with the region of £ód¼ and facilitating the acquisition of information about artists. We hope that this successively enlarged database of names becomes an interesting and important source of information for artists, art historians and critics, curators, collectors and all others who are interested in contemporary art.
In the directory we have also included materials written between 2006 and 2012 featured on www.lodz-art.eu portal as well as texts from the book 100% of Abstraction published by the Gallery 86 in £ód¼.
Because of the extensive and various traditions of the £ód¼ milieu, all important artists cannot be included at the same time. Creating the database is a process. That’s why we invite people and institutions willing to co-operate to send their suggestions!
Everyone who would like to copy the information included in the directory of artists or include them in their own publications is kindly requested to read the rules below.
The project Directory of the Artists from the Province of £ód¼ was made possible thanks to the support of the £ód¼ Province Marshall Office.
The Art and Documentation Association
Rules with regard to copying and quoting the information included in the Directory of Artists from the Province of £ód¼.
1. The information included in the directory of artists may be quoted in fragments in an unchanged form in printed and online publications. The quotation must be distinguished by quotation marks or italics. The source of the quotation should be given including the name and surname of the author, the name of the source Directory of Artists from the Province of £ód¼ and the web address: www.artysci-lodzkie.pl. In the case of online quotations, the link to the web site: www.artysci-lodzkie.pl should be active. In the case of an intention to include the entire text, consent from the Art and Documentation Association is required by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information included in the directory may be used in MA thesis, doctoral dissertations, scholarly articles and publications with the name and surname of the author, plus the name of the source: Directory of Artists from the Province of £ód¼ and the web address: www.artysci-lodzkie.pl. In the case of online quotations, the link to the web site: www.artysci-lodzkie.pl should be active.
3. In the case of using quotations from the texts included in the directory for commercial purposes, for example in publications for sale or in the materials promoting the sales of the artists’ works or any other action out of which income may be derived, permission from the Art and Documentation Association is required.
4. The texts may be used by the artists included in the project. The artists may quote fragments or the entire text to promote their art, whilst crediting the name of the author as outlined by the rules mentioned above. Neither artists nor the institution with which they co-operate can modify fragments nor entire texts, unless by earlier consultation with the author of the text and by his/her consent. In the case of texts to be used by commercial galleries, see no. 3. 5. The link to the artists’ directory may be placed on the sites of institutions and people interested in art and contemporary culture.
6. In the case of situations not outlined above or any other doubts please contact the Art and Documentation Association, at: email@example.com
translation: Ma³gorzata Ka¼mierczak & Anne Seagrave